Saturday, August 1, 2009

A STRESSFUL PHARMACIST


Everything seems just out of reach.

Working in a health center is truly stressful.
Everything needs to be done by myself.
Screening,
Filling,
Dispensing,
Counseling,
Drug information,
Indenting medicines (Don't need to do now, because no money to indent),
Replying patients' complaints,
Now even worst, have to borrow medicines from other places.

Everyday I work 7.30am till 4.30pm, non-stop, would the patients appreciate my works??
Answer is no. They will just keep complaining.
Why the waiting time is so long?
Why only 1 month supply of medicines? (Now some medicines only supplied for 2 weeks)
Why need to take a number? Why don't you give me the medicines now?
Why need to tell my name, you are not study? You are stupid!

I felt very frustrated and anxious.
Patients keep nagging and picking on me.
I'm now under a major pressure.
I don't know how long I can hang on?
My clinic is short of many medicines.
Last Thursday I dared not opened my pharmacy at 7.30am.
1 medicine was totally out of stocked.
Even now, weekend, I'm worrying about my stocks.
I think my pharmacy need to be closed if I cannot borrow the medicines from other places in the next 2 weeks.
May be the patients will complain why the pharmacist not managing the stocks well?
Many things are out of my control.
My boss is controlling the budget very tight, RM640000 to be used for medicines and vaccines till end of the year.
RM640000, a big figure? NO!!
Priority is to buy vaccines.
The balance is to buy medicines for 8 clinics.
What to buy??
Need to cross my fingers tightly……

2 comments:

  1. 这句话虽然被很多人引用过,不过我还是要说:
    笑也要过日子,不笑也要过日子,那为什么不笑着过日子呢?

    还有一个是我朋友曾经告诉我的:
    既然问题解决得了,那何需烦?
    既然问题解决不了,烦也没用

    你已经尽力了就好了
    我当然懂被病人骂被病人投诉的时候是多么难堪
    可是或许下次当病人开始在你面前讲为什么没有药时告诉他们:
    是咯~auntie/uncle,你们没有药吃我们也觉得不好意思,可是政府给我们不够钱买药啊?怎么办?
    如果他要投诉也没办法,不是你的错,别把错往自己身上扛。
    上头问到就老实说没有钱你也尽力借药了,请问回他怎么办..
    (好像很不负责任hor..可是你已经尽力了啊~it's out of your control ler..)

    呵呵~希望我没有教坏你啦..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 这就是我一直希望可以做到的:随心所欲,随遇而安。
    一直以来我都太固执,反而让自己伤痕累累。
    所以引用'随心所欲,随遇而安'来提醒自己。

    ReplyDelete